Powerfly FS 9 EQ is a full suspension electric mountain bike that’s built for singletrack sessions and rugged commutes. You get high-end parts, a powerful drive system, and a rad suspension setup for tackling rougher trails. And, it comes with utility-focused features for daily riding, like fenders, lights, and a rear rack.
It's right for you if...
You want a super versatile full suspension e-MTB to take out on the trail. You also want it to come equipped with commute-ready accessories so you can bring home the bacon and get a little shreddy on your way back from work.
The tech you get
A durable aluminum frame that fully encases a long-range 625Wh battery, a powerful Bosch Performance CX (250Wh, 75 Nm) motor that helps you sustain speeds of up to 20 mph or 32 km/h, and a SmartphoneHub controller that can be used with or without your phone. Plus, a RockShox 35 Gold RL 120mm suspension fork, 100mm of rear travel with a RockShox SIDLuxe Select+ shock, powerful 4-piston hydraulic brakes, Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels, a 12-speed Shimano XT drivetrain, and a dropper post for getting low on descents.
The final word
Our best Powerfly FS rips rough trails, rail trails, and rugged commutes thanks to a plush suspension setup, powerful drive system, and loads of utility features.
Why you'll love it
- It comes equipped with fenders, a rear trunk rack, and lights that are powered by the battery so you're ready to ride right from the start
- Download the COBI.Bike app and your phone becomes an on-board computer. Attach it to SmartphoneHub to charge, make or take calls, listen to music, get turn-by-turn directions, and more
- Wide Line Comp 30 wheels provide more tire support so you get better traction and control
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy to remove the battery without tools, and lets you mount a water bottle cage—even on full suspension e-MTBs
- The size S frame features a curved top tube that makes standing over the bike easier. Plus, Smart Wheel Sizing means you'll get the fastest wheel that fits—29" wheels on larger frames, 27.5" wheels on smaller frames
Sizes X-Small – Small: 27.5-inch
Sizes Medium – X-Large: 29-inch
|Motor||Bosch Performance CX, magnesium motor body, 250 watt, 75 Nm|
|Battery||Bosch PowerTube 625|
|Max Assisted Speed||20mph or 32km/h|
|Charger||Bosch standard 4A (100-240V) charger|
|Frame||Alpha Platinum Aluminum, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Knock Block, internal routing, Motor Armor, magnesium rocker link, rack and fender mount, ABP, Boost148, 100mm travel|
|Fork||RockShox 35 Gold RL 120mm|
|Rear Shock||RockShox SIDLuxe Select+, 190x45mm|
Front: 110 x 15mm
Rear: 148 x 12mm
|Rims/Wheels||Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready|
Front: Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110
Rear: Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Shimano MicroSpline freehub, Boost148
|Tires||Bontrager LT4 Expert, reflective strip, wire bead, 60 tpi, 2.40"|
|Crankset||E*thirteen E*spec Plus|
|Chain||Shimano XT M8100, 12 speed|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XT M8100, long cage, 51T max cog|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano XT M8100, 10-51, 12 speed|
|Shifters||Shimano XT M8100, 12 speed|
|Handlebars||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise|
|Tape/Grips||Bontrager XR Endurance Comp, lock-on|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, Blendr light mount, 7 degree rise|
|Brake Levers||Shimano XT M8120|
|Brakes||Shimano XT M8120 4-piston hydraulic disc|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Saddle||Bontrager Commuter Comp, 165mm width|
|Seat Post||Bontrager Line Dropper, internal routing, 31.6mm|
|Accessories & Extras||Fenders, Supernova Mini 2, 5-21V LED front and Supernova E3 Mini-2 rear lights, LED light, rear rack, Pletscher Comp Flex 18 kickstand, bell|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Lithium Grey/Trek Black / Large / 29-inch||601842371114||1044290||POW38713842K|